Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Well it is another day of hot, sunny and dry here in AZ, but back in MN things have not been so calm. Last Thursday night there were a few storms that hit the area I am from. There is a lot of damage, 3 lives and a lot of homes were taken by the tornadoes that came with the storms. The house I own there had basement flooding, but minor thankfully. Others were not so lucky. These storms produced 36 tornadoes, flooding and very strong winds, up to 125 mph. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families that were affected. Normally I would have relished the opportunity to be out "chasing" the storms, but I think even I would have been hesitant to be out in that kind of storm. Although they are very interesting to watch, I do not think I would have been out with that many tornadoes, and they were not just the run-of-the-mill twisters, they were colliding and splitting, making these storms even more dangerous. I think I would have been exited and devastated all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment