Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a great day. It has been really strange to be here where the temperature was 75 and it was sunny all day on Thanksgiving. I have really missed being with my family and friends. Last year we were in Kentucky visiting friends there on Thanksgiving, and this year we are even further from home. We have met some new friends here and spent the day with them. I also had a new experience working retail on "black Friday." That is not the most fun I have ever had, I have to admit. The store opened at 4am, and by 4:30 the paramedics were called because a person fainted and had to have staples in their head. I really don't understand all the hype on that day because if you really watch the sales the prices are not the great deals they are made out to be, and after that day they actually go down. Oh well, people are going to do what they want, right?

In other news, Scooter has made the deans list in school, so I am really proud of him. I also got a new job that starts in a couple of weeks, so I am getting excited for that. We are also getting excited for our moms to get here in 27 days! Yes, we have started the countdown! Otherwise, there is not a whole lot of other news.

1 comment:

  1. We missed you here on Thanksgiving!!!! It's definately not the same without you.
    That's awesome that he's doing well in school!
    I was going to shop on BF, but decided to sleep in and then we went out to pick up some stuff, then go to a movie and have lunch. So we missed the worst of it.
    Yes, people are crazy.
    Miss you!
    Em

    ReplyDelete