Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BRRRR!

Ok, I don't know who started the vicious rumor that it is always warm in AZ, but they are a big LIAR! It has been cold here since Friday with lows in the 30's - yes, 30's ! Today it has been raining since 8 am, and we are in a flood watch. It was like a hurricane out there for a while! Everything was shaking and the wind was blowing the rain so hard it felt like, well, home during a thunder storm...with no thunder or lighting. It was really strange. We got over 2 inches of rain, which prompts flood warnings and washouts on the roads here. On my way home from work tonight there was a lot of debris in the road and a lot of the construction cones and sand bags were in the road. The weather here is very different, and when it only gets up to the 50's here it really feels like the upper 30's and low 40's at home. I really never thought I would be cold in the 40-50 degree range, but I am. They tell me my blood has thinned already. Scooter is even cold here and Tobey, well he's always been a blanket hogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment