Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Remodeling

Remodeling. I just can't seem to get away from it. I thought camper living would help, but has it's perks and it's downfalls. One of those downfalls is that when an appliance, such as oh, say the refrigerator, dies, it costs an arm and a leg to replace. Now, I happen to know this because we had just such a problem this week. Yep, came home from work and everything had defrosted and it was a mess. We had to throw away a lot of food, not something I am very happy about, but it was bad. Have you ever opened a yogurt container when it has been warm? Not a pleasant experience. Milk, meat, chicken, fruit, veggies - the whole shebang was bad. So we began our search for a new fridge. We called several places and they all said you cannot get a fridge for a camper for under a thousand dollars because they are "duals" - meaning they run on both gas and electric. Therefore, we decided to go the "cheaper" route and get a home fridge and do some remodeling. Thank goodness for Lowe's and their card! No interest for a year! I called my cousin back home who has done this before and got some great advice. We now have a much bigger fridge that actually works. And you can put a gallon of water and a gallon of milk in there and still have room for other things!! It really is the little things, people. I was so excited about that! Anyway, for less than half the price of a smaller camper fridge we got a bigger home one and it is great. Slowly but surely we are going to have everything in this camper all new. We have yet to replace the stove and oven (I am afraid to find out how much that will cost), but I bought a counter top oven and we use that instead. It works great, and I can even make a turkey in it. Well, that's all for today, so have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment