Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Friday, January 29, 2010

counting blessings

Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work, and I hard a loud explosion and then the power went out. I thought a transformer blew, and went outside like most of our neighbors. One of the neighbors was out on his morning jog and came running up to me. He was frantic. The sound and power outage was not due to a blown transformer, but a plane crash. A small plane crashed right across the street, luckily is a small section in between two other parks. There were suddenly sirens blaring and rescue personnel all over. They blocked off our street. The pilot was alone in the plane and did not make it. So sad. The story right now is that the engine died and that is what caused the crash. No one heard any engine sounds before the crash. We are all so fortunate that he managed to maneuver the plane to that spot. I like to believe that he did his best to guide the plane to a spot where there were no other people would get hurt.

I am thankful for all of the blessings in my life. I have the best family and a few good friends, and of course, my crazy and lovable animals. I have a home and a vehicle that runs, I have a job. Sometimes you just have to look at what you have an appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment